New Flipper Arriving Friday November 26, 2010

I love to tinker with golf clubs as well as find solutions to problems people might have.  The past several years I haven’t been able to play as much golf as I would like (who does?) and my golf scores showed it.  When I looked back at my rounds and studied the statistics, I found that a lot of strokes were wasted around the green.  That is whenever I missed a green in regulation I was still two putting because my recovery shots where not getting close enough to the hole.  Sound like your game?

This year I put a chipper in my bag.  Yes, I said it – a chipper – that is how desperate I was.  But it wasn’t an ordinary chipper it was our Acer XK Chipper, which many of you (or your customers) have found very useful based on the number of 5 star independent reviews.  I played with the XK Chipper for a good portion of the summer and while it might have shaved a stroke here and there it didn’t address the main problem I had.  You see most chippers are lower lofted like a 7 or 8 iron and designed to be used when there is ample room for the for the ball to land and release toward the hole.

However, that wasn’t my problem as the course I play has postage stamp greens and the shot in the bag I couldn’t pull off was when the ball landed in the rough or fringe on the short side of the green.  A conventional chipper wouldn’t allow the ball to land softly enough and it would race past the hole.  Plus the wedges, whether is was a pitch, gap, sand or even lob I could never seem to get the touch down due to lack of play as well as practice.  One time I am skulling the ball over the green and the next time is chili dipping.  There had to be a reasonable solution besides quitting my day job and practicing for hours on end.

I thought if I could help myself, then I could help others who would have similar problems.  I needed a club designed for less than a full shot that would get up in the air and then stop on a dime.  Oh yeah, it needed to be hit from a variety of lies and easy to align without opening up the face.  Hmm…the clubs I was looking for was already in my bag, but just needed additional loft.  That is how the idea for the 46º Acer XK Flipper came about.  Just think of a cross between a flop shot and a chipper for that little fly and die shot.

After giving the technical diagrams and the specs to the foundry, a few months later the first working prototype arrived.  I can tell you it didn’t take long to get the shaft cut, epoxy poured and grip installed before I headed off to the course to get it a try.  I can honestly say out of the hundreds of clubs I have put in play the past couple of years, this club made an immediate impact. It is shorter and heavier than a wedge requiring less effort to get the ball out of where it lies and it is more upright allowing you to get more on top of your line. Sadly the golfing season is over for me now.  But starting next year I will have a renewed sense of confidence and won’t have the fear of missing greens and wasting valuable strokes as I have in the recent past.

Welcome world, we would like to introduce to you the innovative Acer XK Flipper, which is not just another ordinary chipper on the market.  It is a whole new product category.

DOWNLOAD THE ACER XK FLIPPER CHIPPER SPECIFICATION SHEET HERE.

Acer XK Flipper Component Clubhead $13.95
Acer XK Flipper Assembled Golf Club $29.95

16 Comments on The New Acer XK Flipper: A Whole New Product Category

1. serge chaput says:

is it possible to get it in lefty

2. jay suter dba broken shaft says:

tried to order both the flipper and chipper, but would not let me

Serge:

Sorry, a LH Flipper is not available at this time.

4. Are you planning on producing a LH Flipper. If so, do you have an approximate date. Thanks
    Terry

5. Thomas says:

Would also like to purchase LH version

6. Dale says:

Would like to echo above comments. LH version PLEASE?? :-)

7. Gary Johnson says:

“I can honestly say out of the hundreds of clubs I have put in play the past couple of years, this club made an immediate impact. It is shorter and heavier than a wedge requiring less effort to get the ball out of where it lies…”

To me, this is a most profound statement! All golfers say they want to “get better.” So they go out and spend $200-$400 on a new state-of-the-art driver from an OEM that may or may not be right for them. And yet 1/2 of all strokes are taken within 5 yards of the green! Hello, does anyone out there understand this concept? For a fraction of what is spent on long clubs (or even “big name” putters), why not get a club like this to get the ball closer to the hole so that more strokes could be saved! Just my humble opinion!

8. Gary Johnson says:

OK…so it’s not available in Left Hand. I’ll just buy a Right hand and learn to hit it. It’s not like you have to make a full swing with it anyway!

OK, those of you who wanted left hand better buy them. Based on your input, we have decided to tool the LH model up. So expect them to be available around March 2011 (yes, it takes that long).

10. Gary Johnson says:

Oh my gosh, are you “caving in” to left-handers? Does this mean we can also expect the newer version of the Prophet ICT driver and Fairway woods in left-handed? Will they be available when it snows in Phoenix in July?

11. Thomas says:

I bought a LH Adams A70S (37*) chipper 6 months ago. It has been a game changer for me. I hit it out to 100 yds. Probably hit 80% greens once I started using it. In March when it comes out I will get the Acer chipper too. Thanks

12. jd says:

Are the chipper & flipper USGA compliant?

jd:

The XK Chipper is conforming, except when the Condition of Competition is in effect. The Flipper is the same design with more loft, but it has not been submitted to the USGA yet.

14. Barb says:

I just ordered the Flipper & now find it’s not USGA compliant. Any idea when it might be?

Barb:

It is a more lofted version of the Acer XK Chipper that does conform to the Rules of Golf. We simply have not submitted the Flipper as it now costs money to submit products to the USGA for them test. The vast majority of golfers who play with a chipper could care a less if the club conforms or not so that is why we have not elected to submit it.